It was on September 23 I went to immigration office to extend my visa. As I guess it would not take a very long time to do this process. It took only 20 minutes to renew period of visa. However, the completeness of requirements and number of queueing made it longer than expected. Here are some requirements you need if you want to extend E-7 visa. To provide some of these you need helps from your HR company or your boss.
- Application form (you can take this at immigration office and fill it on the spot)
- Alien Registration Card
- Proof of paying tax (visit http://www.nts.go.kr. Ask a help from Korean friends. It was complicated and tedious)
- Tax payment documents from company (ask to HR or boss)
- Employment contract (state exact salary and working period)
- List of company’s employee (ask to HR or boss)
- Housing contract (If your contract is under your name. It will be fine. You just need to bring it yourself. But if it is under other person (my case is under my boss’ wife), this person needs to fill form no. 5 that you can take at immigration office)
- Fee KRW60,000. It was doubled from last year fee.
So, no. 4,5, and 6 are provided by your company, while others are provided by you. Those requirements are not difficult to be provided but need process. I took one or two days to make all requirements complete. When I first visited immigration office, I didn’t bring form no.5 and company’s tax payment without stamp. So I had to back to office and came after getting both. There were not so many people in queueing, so I could finish my extending visa process within one hour. Hope this writing useful for you guys!